In order to consider the appeal, we require:
- Minimum of two suitable comparable (preferably Three), sales, each must be comparable by reference to type, size and location. Those not similar and lacking relevant commentary as to why may result in the appeal being dismissed. Comparable properties need to be within 1/2 miles radius of the subject property.
- The transaction must have completed within the last 6 months and the source of the comparable must be provided e.g. Name and contact for Estate Agent.
- Comparables need to be properties that have sold prior to the valuation being carried out.
- Please note the Valuer will verify the details before consideration of the Appeal. Estate Agents marketing letters, details of unsold/unlet properties, automated valuations, indexed valuations, previous or other valuer opinions of value are not suitable for consideration. Only in exceptional circumstances e.g. a static market will it be permissible to provide older comparable sales and only if supported by suitable narrative explaining their relevance.
- The Appeal must be submitted within 6 weeks from the date that you were made aware of the valuation.
For New build properties: For all New Build challenges/appeals comparables ‘must’ be provided/sourced from A COMBINATION OF:
- The Subject site (similar by type, detachment, style and size). Provision of CML DiF is preferable to truly assess how comparable they are but not essential.
- Nearby new developments (similar by type, detachment, style, size and location). Provision of CML DiF is preferable to truly assess how comparable they are but not essential.
- The second-hand market in order to demonstrate a range of valuers of units of a similar type, detachment, style, size and location.
Rental Comparable: Minimum of two comparable lets (preferably three), each must be comparable by reference to type size and location and must be “Let agreed” and the source of the comparable mist be provided e.g. Name and contact for Estate Agent. Marketing letters from Estate Agents are not acceptable as evidence, copies of current AST tenancy agreements for the subject property are not admissible solely as evidence of rental value; comparable will also be required.